I am a programmer and developer from the United Kingdom that has valuable experience in nearly every major programming language and a constant interest in the evergrowing technology industry.
I enjoy working on personal projects in my free time, which are usually desktop applications for Windows and Linux, websites, Unity games, backend server-side infrastructure, Android applications, and game modding. Though I do still have fun taking on new projects in areas I have never explored before.
My interests are not just in software though, I am quite knowledgeable in computer hardware too. I have repaired many laptops and desktops, and built my own desktop and home server. I can give great suggestions and advice for hardware choices, and explain the rationales behind why it is ideal for the given use case.
I also like experimenting with embedded electronics and microsystems, such as Arduino's, Raspberry Pi's, etc. Though I have not made anything worth sharing yet, since it is still a small hobby that I am actively trying to get better at.
My programming experience over the last decade has been in the following languages and areas:
- C# for .NET Core & .NET Framework applications, and Unity games.
- PHP for server-side website development.
- Python for chat platform bots.
- Go for utilities & tools.
- TypeScript (Node.js) for chat platform bots.
- Java for Minecraft mods & Android applications.
- Kotlin for Android applications.
- C++ for Garry's Mod modules & 2D graphical games.
- C for low-level UEFI applications & utilities.
- HTML/CSS for website design.
- Bash & PowerShell for automation scripts.
I also have experience using or integrating with the following software suites and technologies:
- Linux, on both servers and desktops.
- MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite & Redis databases.
- Unity for game development & simulations.
- Grafana & Prometheus for system monitoring & analysis.
- Windows Server 2016, 2019 & 2022 for AD DS, AD CS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, etc.
- WSL, Hyper-V, VirtualBox & QEMU virtualisation.
- Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ IDEA & Android Studio IDEs.
- Git for version control.
- Remote dedicated & virtual private server hosting.
- Amazon Web Services, Firebase, Cloudflare Workers.
- PayPal & Stripe for payment processing.
- Apache HTTP Server & NGINX.
- Docker containers & image registries.
- SMB & NFS file shares.
- OpenVPN & WireGuard.
- ISC BIND 9 & DHCP Server.
Thanks to my many years of experience with such a large variety of languages and technologies in the computing space, I find it very easy to get started and learn new topics.
These are my various online profiles. If you come across a profile with my username on it that is not listed below then it is likely not mine.