I am a developer from the United Kingdom with a constant interest in the evergrowing technology industry and valuable experience with nearly every aspect of computing, ranging from high-level programming to low-level hardware.
My main passion resides around server-side infrastructure and network administration, I have been deploying, administrating and maintaining my own servers for nearly half a decade. This includes virtual in the cloud, unmanaged dedicated in datacenters, and on-site/at home.
I enjoy working on personal projects in my free time, usually desktop applications for Windows and Linux, websites, server-side infrastructure, Android applications, and game modding. Though, I still have fun taking on new projects in areas I have never explored before.
My interests do not remain in the software space though, as I enjoy computer hardware too. I have repaired many laptops and desktops along with having built numerous desktops and servers. I feel confident that I can give great suggestions and up-to-date advice for hardware choices, while rationalising my choices as to why it is ideal for the given scenario.
I also like experimenting with embedded electronics and microsystems, such as Arduino’s, Raspberry Pi’s, etc. Though I have not made anything worth sharing yet, as it is still just a hobby which I am actively trying to get better at.
My programming experience over the last decade has been in the following languages and areas:
- C# for server-side .NET Core & desktop .NET Framework applications, and Unity games.
- PHP for server-side website & RESTful API development.
- Python for chat platform bots.
- Go for utilities & tools.
- TypeScript (Node.js & Deno) for chat platform bots, full-stack websites, and serverless cloud functions.
- Java & Kotlin for Minecraft mods & Android applications.
- C++ for Garry’s Mod modules & 2D graphical games.
- Lua for Garry’s Mod addons & general game modding.
- C for low-level UEFI applications & utilities.
- Bash & PowerShell for automation scripts.
I also have experience using or integrating with the following software suites and technologies:
- MySQL/MariaDB, Redis, Neo4j, Prometheus & SQLite databases.
- Windows Server 2016, 2019 & 2022 for AD DS, AD CS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, etc.
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform/Firebase, Cloudflare Workers, Azure, Oracle Clouds.
- Docker container building/deployment & artifact/image registries.
- Apache HTTP Server & NGINX web servers.
- WSL, Hyper-V, VirtualBox & Proxmox (KVM) virtualisation.
- Grafana, Loki & Promtail for system monitoring/analysis.
- Git, GitHub, GitLab & Gitea for version control.
- Remote dedicated & virtual private server hosting.
- Authoritive DNS (ISC BIND) & DHCP (Kea, DNSMASQ) servers.
- Postfix email server with Dovecot IMAP, OpenDKIM signing, ClamAV scanning & Roundcube web-mail.
- OpenVPN & WireGuard site-to-site VPNs.
- PayPal & Stripe payment processing.
- Linux-based servers (Debian, Ubuntu, Alpine) & desktop environments (Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro, Arch).
- Unity for game development & simulations.
- Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ IDEA & Android Studio IDEs.
- SMB & NFS file shares.
Thanks to my many years of experience with such a large variety of languages and technologies in computing, I find it easy learn and get started in new topics.
Below are my various online profiles. If you come across a profile with my username on it that is not listed below then it is unlikely to be mine.